Sometimes our hair needs some extra love, especially now that the colder months have arrived. Making a natural hair mask is a great way to treat your strands and scalp. A few times a month, I use this traditional Indian method that I learned from my mother many years ago, to keep my colour treated hair looking and feeling healthy.
This mask is amazing for helping to repair hair damage and adding shine to hair.
What you need:
- an oil of your choice to use as a base:
... or mix all three!
-a natural hair serum of your choice:
I use our Nourishing Hair Serum as a great way to balance natural oil levels, treat dandruff and promote hair growth and repair. I
-extra strengthening / moisturizing natural ingredients of your choice
- Place about 3 tablespoons of your chosen base oil into your glass dish. You can use more oil depending on the thickness and length of your hair.
- Mix about 5-10 drops of your serum into the base oil.
- Heat the dish for 30 seconds in a microwave.
- You can now add a few extra ingredients if you so wish, like Aloe Vera Gel.
- Apply the mask to your hair and leave for as long as you can before shampooing.
- You may need to double wash hair to ensure that all the oil is washed out.